|Sunday, December 29, 2002|
Top 10: Life's big moments in 2002
The ups and downs of arts and entertainment mark 2002.
December 29, 2002
The newsmakers in 2002 for the Life section captured the flow of life in a changing but still familiar community, from the incessant turnover in arts administrators to the survival of drive-ins and small-town theaters to the refurbishing of a landmark Salem theater and a new conductor for the Oregon Symphony to a “Big Fat” movie hit and valiant efforts to build a Salem nightlife scene.
Pentacle debuts ‘Metropolis’
Salem’s Pentacle Theatre is not known for taking chances when it stages a musical, but it did something different in 2002.
Top 10 stories for Life|
1. Elsinore Theatre undergoes major renovation.
7. “My Big Fat Greek Wedding” has record run at Salem Cinema.
8. Salem Art Fair & Festival loses money in sales.
9. Director Randy Bowser debuts “Metropolis” at Pentacle.
10. Drive-In movie theaters still flourish in Oregon.
THE WORLD OF